Sunday, December 2, 2012

My first experience of Thanksgiving

             By Marina Moto





               I went to visit my hostfamily in Thanksgiving day. I had a really good time and experience in there. There were two things which I learned; thanksgiving foods and how to spend Thanksgiving day.
              When I arrived at my homestay house, I saw many stuff for dinner in the kitchen. I was very surprised because I saw three huge turkeys, cans of yams and two huge bags of potatoes, so I helped with cooking Thanksgiving day dinner with two housemates. I was not good at cooking, but it was easy to cook. I cooked gravy sauce, mashed potatoes, tams and green beans food. When I cooked gravy sauce, I used gravy powders and it's miwed with water. Gravy sauce was a little bit salty for me, but I like that. Mashed potapoes and yams were similar to cook, I heat them and crush up. But in case of mashed potatoes, mixed with milk, salt and papper. In case of yams, put marshmallow on the yams and heat in a medium oven. Mashed potatoes were for dinner, but yams were kinds of dessert. Green beans food was good. First of all, green beans were mixed with cream chiken soup and fried onion pieces. It was heat in a midium, then. It was not soup, I didn't know what kind of food it was. My host mother bought two turkeys, ham, apple pie and pumpkin pie from store, but one turkey was free because a stranger who met in the store gave my host mother a turkey. So we got three turkeys, and we finished preparing for thanksgiving dinner.
               In the evening, I had big dinner with my host family in their house. There were sixteen people in the house. And we  had  a big dinner surrounding long table, and then, we prayed hand in hand. It was really good experience because I can't have these experiences in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment