Sunday, December 2, 2012

After reading'Four Skinny Trees'

By Alice

Have you ever heard about The House or Mango Street? No matter how old I am, I love reading this book in my spare time.Especially since I came Riverside 4 months ago,this book courage me a lot when I feel homesick or helpless.The house or mango street is a kind of lyrical novel with short stories telling a little girl's childhood and her growth on the street  named Mango. My favorite chapter is Four Skinny Trees, it is about four trees who understand her and are understood by her own. These four skinny trees have secret strength. They grow up, they grow down and never quit their anger. Keep, keep, keep, trees said when she was sleeping. That is why I always gain power when I read this chapter.When I feel too sad and too skinny to keep keeping, when I lose my confidence to keep keeping, I think about these four skinny trees, and think about this little girl, all I learn from them is keep, keep and keep.I will never say give up, I will never escape when I hardly try to face and overcome the tough time by myself.

It almost the end of the quarter, I have to keep going in the way to learn english, I will never give up, and I'm really recommend my classmates to read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment