Thursday, November 1, 2012

The most important possessions

----Jane Wang              
                                               The most important possessions
I have never imagined that my house would burn down, but anything unexpected may happen. Actually, I don’t want to lose anything in my house, even a book. However, if there are only three of my possessions that I have time to rescue from the fire, these must be my laptop, my great-grandmother’s photo, and my wallet.

First of all, my laptop is the most important item for me because the memory I stored in it is very precious. For instance, I have taken many pictures with my family growing up, and I stored all of them in my laptop, such as the pictures of my father’s birthday party, the photos we took in my cousin’s commencement, and so on. This is a reservoir of the happiness for our family, so I can’t lose these memories of the happiness of my whole family. In addition, I keep a diary in my laptop. The words I used in the diary can make me think back on my own happiness or sorrow. I can’t lose the memory of my own life.

The second item that I can’t lose is the picture of my great-grandmother. My great-grandmother died eight years ago. This picture is the only one that she left me. She is the most amiable person in my mind. During my childhood, my parents were too busy to look after me, yet only she was able to accompany me. She was the most important person for me at that time. Furthermore, she is my first teacher. When I was a baby, she taught me how to eat, how to walk, and some other things that I learned. Although she has been dead for years, she always lives in my heart. Every time when I look at the picture, it reminds me of her amiable personality. So I can’t lose that picture of her.

Finally, the last item that I will rescue from the fire is my wallet. The important things in my wallet is not the money but the cards. It is very inconvenient to register new cards. For example, if one day I lost all of my cards in my wallet, I have to take the residence booklet of my parents to the sub district office to register my residence booklet. Then I should go to the police station with my residence booklet to register a new ID card. After that, I have to take my ID card to the bank to report my lost credit card and register a new one. It is a very troublesome process. Moreover, in China, there are always so many people waiting in the line to register their card. So if I want to register a new card, I need to spend a lot of time waiting for my turn. I think it is a waste of time.

To make a long story short, in my opinion, my laptop, my great-grandmother’s picture and my wallet are the three possessions that I won’t give up in a fire. I really can’t imagine how sad I would be if I lost them.

2 comments:

  1. by yuanbo
    If my house caught fire at midnight, I will wake all my family members up, and if time is enough, I want to wear some cloths because the misdnight will be so cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By ALSHEHRI
    I think these possessions that you have to rescue form firing are important , but I think still there are other valuable things should be considered too. For example , school certificates , awards and other personal documents.
    I wish u all the best and safe life...

    ReplyDelete