Saturday, November 24, 2012

Happy thanksgiving!


By. Jina

Hi, Did you have a happy thanksgiving day? Thanksgiving is a holiday that celebrates the first harvest. Now, whole family gathers and they have a great dinner. Usually, they eat baked or roasted turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, sweet corn, various fall vegetables and pumpkin pie.

I had a really good thanksgiving day. I, my roommate were invited to my host father’s home, and also my host mother invited my Korean friend who lives in IV alone. We met at the morning in my host house, and started to make food. My host mother made fried rice, her daughter made a carrot cake and another daughter made a cranberry sauce. My roommate, my friend and me baked cookies. After we made food, we went to host father’s relatives home. We met a lot of people, and they were so kind to us.

At first, they gave us pumpkin pie until the other families arrive, it was really great pumpkin pie, and they were talking each other. They had a pool at home, so we played pool while we waiting the other family. After the whole family gathered, we prayed and started to eat. There were two turkeys; it was the first time that I ate turkey. It was delicious. Also, there was a lot of food, such as sweet potatoes, cooked fall vegetable and macaroni cheese.

After we had a dinner, we started playing game. I do not know name of game. Someone described the word that written on the card, and the other team member guessed. The game was so fun. Their family was so crazy about the game and so loud, but it was really fun.

Thanks to my homestay family, I had a really great thanksgiving day. 

3 comments:

  1. It's really good holidays for all people in US, and I had good thanksgiving day, but didn't celebrate with American family. I stayed home and celebrated this holiday with my family. We went to downtown of Riverside nearby Mission inn hotel and watched wonderful musical shows where were a lot of people. It's very interesting to celebrate holidays in US, so we had a great thanksgiving days!

    By Bakhytzhan

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a really good blog that introduce this special holiday, and I'm very glad to know what did you do in the holiday. While, I went to Santa Barbara with my friends, and we ate a great dinner in a very popular restaurant on Thursday. We went to shopping on friday, and there were so many people in downtown, Santa Barbara. This is my first time to celebrate this holiday, and it was really impressed me.

    By Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic time you spent in United Stated during thanksgiving. You are so happiness that you have generous host family. I triped to San Diego during thanksgiving with my friends. I also went on shopping at outlets on black friday, And I bought a lot of things there which were on sell. I really enjoy the hollday. Meanwhile, I hope the Christmas coming soon.
    By Simon

    ReplyDelete