Saturday, November 24, 2012

Building a Power Plant in My Town



BY : ALSHEHRI

I have been living in a peace and quite town for about 20 years. All people around here are so kind, and the landscape is so beautiful. Recently, I heard news that a company will set up a new power plant near my community. I was shocked and I hold a negative opinion about this decision.  Building a power plant has advantages to some extent. For example, it will bring more working opportunity for local people, and also it will help developing the local economics. On the other hand, I strongly oppose the idea for many reasons.
The first reason that I use to oppose this project is that power plant will give off a lot of waste air which harmful to people’s health. Even though the company will take measurements to purify the air, it cannot make the air as clean as before. Absolutely, the air emitted from the factory will affect the people’s health.
Another reason is that a power plant makes too much noise. My community is always a quite place and this is just what I like the most. A power plant will cause the town to become too noisy. For instance, every morning, we can be awake from our dreams by the noise of buses, which take the workers to the company. The noise of engines will also influent our temper, and may cause us susceptible to anger, and easily lose temper.
Furthermore, a strong reason to refuse this decision is that building the power plant will destroy the landscape of the town. Most people living in this town make their living by cultivating and harvesting the crops. The company will occupy the land that is used to farming to create more space to the power plant.
In short, while there are many advantages of building a power plant in my town, I strongly oppose this idea for the above mentioned reasons. Clearly, living in quite, clean weather and wonderful landscape town is one of the most important factors which make our life so happy.

3 comments:

  1. Anyway, living near a power plant has many negative affects for people who live nearby. When I was a child I lived nearby power plant in my country, and my parents always said me "Don't go over there, it's very dangerous!", because children always want to go to forbidden places. In fact, any power plant has high voltage electric poles and wires. Thus, building a power plant near community is very unsafe.

    By Bakhytzhan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting imagination.While, it is a very realistic problem.Some people have no choice, so they have to live somewhere nearby power plant. I never lived nearby power plant, and I think that live these area will do harmful for person's health in some reasons.Anyway, communities shouldn't build nearby the power plant or any other radiant plant.

    By Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your ideas are exactly.I thought that may be some problems existed in these aggrements. We need to modify some details more deeply. I think this was a rewarding discussing anyhow.
    By Simon

    ReplyDelete